Kaizen is a continuous process improvement philosophy that promotes constant improvement by monitoring business processes and making adjustments. Kaizen involves people at all levels of the organization to participate in Kaizen. This course provides individuals with an awareness of the philosophy and the Kaizen approach and tools. Effectively applying Kaizen philosophy and tools can significantly improve value-added productivity and reduce waste and associated costs. Throughout the training individuals will have the opportunity to apply Kaizen concepts and techniques in a practical, hands-on, learning-by-doing experience in a simulated environment
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:Gain an understanding of Kaizen philosophy and the importance of creating a continuous improvement culture.
- Gain an understanding of Kaizen philosophy and the importance of creating a continuous improvement culture.
- Describe Kaizen goals and guiding principles.
- Describe the 10 Steps Kobetsu Kaizen problem-solving approach and ways to employ it at your organization.
- Plan and organize Kobetsu Kaizen program at the workplace
Module 1: Kaizen Philosophy
- History of Kaizen
- The Kaizen Concept and Guiding Principles
Module 2: Kaizen, a Lean Subset
- 3M Muda, Muri, and Mura
- The 8 Wastes: TIMWOOD Plus
- Quality Environment (5S) : The foundation of Kaizen
Module 3: Kaizen Overview
- Ground Rules
- Kaizen Key Success Factors: Leadership & Employee Roles
- Kaizen Structure & Management (PDCA)
- Kaizen Impact & Benefit (PQDCSM)
Module 4: Introduction to Kaizen Tool : Kobetsu Kaizen (10 Steps)
- STEP 1 – Model Selection
- STEP 2 – Team Formation
- STEP 3 – Understanding Current Situation
- STEP 4 – Topic Selection & Target Setting
- STEP 5 – Project Scheduling
- STEP 6 – Problem Analysis
- STEP 7 – Countermeasure Implementation
- STEP 8 – Result Verification
- STEP 9 – Recurrence Prevention
- STEP 10 – Standardization & Future Project
- Exercise: Kobetsu Kaizen Case Study & Group Presentation
Module 5: How to start the Kaizen Journey?
- Kobetsu Kaizen program planning
- Kobetsu Kaizen program implementation & monitoring
- Kobetsu Kaizen convention